Wednesday, October 5, 2011
interesting
So much has happened since February! Celia Liahona Fonua was born June 28! Our 5th child. A beautiful girl. She continues to delight us in every way since the day she was born. The kids especially cannot get enough of her. Teiko and I love our children, they never cease to amaze us and make us proud. Teiko is such a big teddy bear, I love seeing his soft side when he cares for our children, especially with our newborn babies. He is so gentle, tender and sweet. How I love my husband!
We went to Utah in July for Helamans baptism, he turned 8 on June 10th! And while we were in Utah, our beloved sweet Grandfather, Teiko's Dad passed away from cancer. Sadly, I never fully appreciated my father in law Hilamani as much as I do now, now that he is gone. Isn't that a tragedy! I miss him. Our children miss him. And my sweet hubby misses his Dad. Life is too precious and short! How often do we hear those words but never fully realize or understand them until someone dear to us is gone, so suddenly. Hilamani didn't like me much when I was dating Teiko, or even after I married Teiko. I can understand a little as to why. I was young. To them, I was an immature right-out-of-high-school little girl that didn't deserve a strapping man like Teiko! But as soon as I started bearing his Grandchildren, and named our eldest after him. And then baby #2, and then #3 and #4 came along. I saw a change wrought in my father in law. He saw how I cared for my children, how I raised them how I was raised, strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To me, there is no other way in which to raise children, I honestly don't know of any other way because I was raised the same way by my amazing parents. I felt of my father in laws love and respect when he visited us in 2010 in our new place here in Arizona. That is the greatest memory I have of Hilamani and Lolohea, was when they visited us here in Arizona. Hilamani blessed our home. Our children couldn't get enough of there Grandparents. It was so sweet. How I love my in laws. I miss Hilamani and never had a chance really to say Thank you for raising an exceptional man who is my husband. Thank you for instilling in my hubby a strong foundation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in which to raise our own children in. Thank you Dad for all your prayers, love and support. For the free vehicles, and free mechanical repairs. We miss you Grandpa Hilamani. You are always in our hearts. And I know you continue to watch out for us on the other side. On the day of Hilamani's burial, our eldest son Hilamani III was baptized on the same day, July 16th. Sweet aye! We will never forget that special day. The spirit was felt strongly throughout the entire funeral service. And especially on our sons Baptism Day.
Lolohea turned 7 years old. Ammaron turned 4 years old. Both in September. Time continues to softly, sweetly glide. I have been reflecting a lot on life recently. We have been in Arizona 2 years now. It was such a random move to many, and especially to our families who both live in Utah and just down the street from each other! But Teiko and I moved here, to strengthen our relationship, to bond together, and to strengthen our little family. To be one. We miss our family greatly, especially after the death of his Father, I know Teiko wishes to be in Utah to help his family out in any way he can. But for now, the Lord needs us here. And we will follow the Lord's command. It is not yet time to go back, we both feel that. We have grown so much as a couple, and as a family since living here. We have also struggled immensely in every way possible but I wouldn't have it any other way. If it means, that in the end, we are stronger as a couple and as a family. And strongly united in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then it was all worth it. Funny how that works huh. I wouldn't have said this just a year ago, that's for sure.
Life is good. I have drawn closer to my Savior and learned how to really rely upon Him, and how to apply his Atonement in my life. I finally understand it more fully now, seeing that I had to apply it into my life. Trials or opportunities-for-growth as I like to call trials, will continue to come but it's different now, I have finally learned to completely turn everything over to the Lord, and try to learn what it is he is trying to teach me through that opportunity of growth. I love the Lord, and I am aware of his tender mercies and care. I have been the partaker of many miracles, and I will always remember them.
I am not anything overly special,
I have not done anything spectacular or newsworthy,
I didn't serve a mission (I will in the future with my hubby! :)
what I do every day would be mundane to the world but it is what I love to do, a stay at home Mom.
I am just me. Ana Terewai Moleni-Fonua. A very blessed woman who appreciates and embraces the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. A mother to 5 beautiful children. And a wife to a handsome sweet man, who loves me as much I love him. Life is grand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment